WhatsApp is the most popular instant messaging app. It is a completely free platform to send and receive pictures, videos, messages, and make calls as well. But it has some drawbacks as well such as it stores pictures and other media files automatically to the phone’s storage. This will not only clutter your phone’s gallery but also eats up a lot of storage and data as well.
Also Read: 5 WhatsApp Tips – Use WhatsApp Like a Pro
Disable WhatsApp Media Auto Download to Save Storage Space
Below you can find the solution to stop WhatsApp saving the pictures and videos on your phone.
Option 1: Disable WhatsApp Media Auto-Download for Individual / Spam Groups
- Open WhatsApp and on the top right corner click on the 3-dot menu.
- Click on group info then click on Media Visibility.
- A pop up will appear with three options: Default (Yes), Yes and No. Click on No
That’s it. The media will not be stored automatically in your phone unless you manually download it.
Option 2: Disable Auto-Download for All Chats
You can also stop WhatsApp to download media automatically from all the chats of WhatsApp which includes group as well.
- Open WhatsApp and on the top right corner click on the 3-dot menu. Then click on Settings.
- After that click on Data and storage usage.
- Under Media auto-download what you want to download using mobile data and Wifi. A popup will appear when you tap on each option then specify what you want to download.
- If you disable auto download then just uncheck all the options.
That’s it. Try these methods to stop auto-saving media from WhatsApp to your phone. If there is any query feel free to mention that in the comment section. We will surely help you out.