Block Pop Ups on Google Chrome for Android
When you click on any link on a website, a new tab opens which is referred to as pop-up. This can be very annoying as you go back to your previous page. To get rid of these pop-ups in google chrome for android. You can configure your device with the following steps mentioned below.
Google is a well-known brand to index the web and it agrees that if there are too many apps it hampers the overall user experience. And that is the reason Google warns many websites against putting the intrusive ads.
Also Read: How to Disable Notification from Android Chrome Browser
1. Block Pop-ups in Chrome Web Browser
After heading towards the steps to block popup in chrome browser. Do make sure chrome is installed on your device.
- Open Chrome and click on the 3 dots at the top right corner screen of your phone.
- Click on Settings.
- Under the Advanced section, tap on Site Settings.
- Scroll down and look for two options Pop-ups and redirects and Ads. Click on these two options one by one.
- After clicking on these two options one by one. Make the toggle gray by tapping on it to enable the pop-up blocker for chrome on android.
2. Enable Pop-Ups in Chrome
Blocking pop-ups sometimes interfere with the loading of a website and hamper the user experience. There is a possibility that the site will show errors as well. In that case, you can disable the inbuilt pop-up blocker of chrome.
Below are the steps to disable the pop-up blocker and intrusive ads blocker as well.
- Repeat the above-mentioned steps from 1 to 4. (Block Pop-ups in Chrome Web Browser)
- After clicking on these two options one by one. Make the toggle blue by tapping on it to enable the pop-up blocker for chrome on android.
Now you know how to enable and disable popup blocker in chrome for android. If there is any query mention that in the comment section.